Avoid the morning crowds and arrive in style with VIP entrance to The Butchart Gardens via their private wharf in beautiful Butchart Cove. Explore the sights and scents of Butchart Gardens under the evening illuminations, take in an open air concert, and stay late for dinner or the Saturday night fireworks. Included in the cost of the tour is three hours of whale watching, your admission to the gardens, and your return shuttle transportation back to Victoria’s inner harbour. Join us for our exclusive Whales & Gardens Tour and view all the awesome nature Victoria has to offer!
- Check in at 812 Wharf Street12:45
- Gather outside for boarding instructions13:15
- Enjoy three hours of fully guided whale watching16:15
- Return back
Return Shuttle Times
- May 27th – September 30th18:15, 20:30, 22:00
The Butchart Gardens
The Butchart Gardens is one of the world’s premier floral show gardens. Jennie Butchart began to shape this magnificent landscape in 1904. She established, in the style of the grand estates of the period, several distinct gardens to evoke a range of aesthetic experiences. An abandoned limestone quarry was transformed into the dramatic Sunken Garden, a reflection of the early 20th-century beautification movement and an exceptional achievement in Canadian gardening history. Through successive generations of the Butchart family, The Gardens has retained much of its original design, and continues the Victorian tradition of seasonally changing the outstanding floral displays. A variety of shuttle times are available throughout the evening. The garden’s hours vary by season.
- Cruise in comfort aboard our 62 foot purpose-built whale watching vessel which utilizes surface piercing propellers to reroute underwater engine noise, minimizing our ecological footprint.
- This streamlined vessel design allows it to push through waves with ease while maintaining speed, maximizing distance, and limiting fuel consumption.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to view several different species of whales in the wild as well as an assortment of sea birds and other species of marine wildlife.
- Settle inside or outside, choosing from one of three different viewing areas on two distinct elevations or move about the vessel freely to experience them all.
- Visit the pantry, where you will find a selection of light snacks as well as hot and cold non-alcoholic beverages.