|April 1 - June 30||3-hours||12:15pm|
|July 1 - August 31||3-hours||9:00am, 12:15pm and 3:30pm|
|September 1 - October 31||3-hours||12:15pm|
In true comfort and style, our crew are excited to explore the Haro Strait and the Strait of Juan de Fuca in search of the majestic wildlife that floods the local waters here in the summer months. Take advantage of the opportunity to view several different species of whales in the wild as well as an assortment of sea birds and other species of marine wildlife from downtown Victoria.
At Prince of Whales Whale Watching we are proud of our fleet of locally designed and custom fabricated vessels built specifically for the purpose of whale watching on the west coast! The Ocean Magic II is a custom designed marine marvel combining the practicality of a semi-covered vessel with the speed and maneuverability of a Zodiac. With three naturalists on board and two different viewing elevations, this is the only purpose-built whale watching vessel of its size in the industry.
Sip your coffee, feel the wind in your hair or keep cozy in the heated cabin while we explore the pacific northwest!
To learn more about the Ocean Magic II experience, please click the information on the right
Highlights & Inclusions
- Fully guided whale watching and wildlife viewing (3-hours)
- Take advantage of the opportunity to view several different species of whales in the wild as well as an assortment of sea birds and other species of marine wildlife
- Settle inside or outside, choosing from one of three different viewing areas on two distinct elevations or move about the vessel freely to experience them all
- Visit the pantry, where you will find a selection of light snacks as well as hot and cold non-alcoholic beverages
What to Bring
- We recommend windbreaker jackets, sweaters, long pants and closed toed shoes be worn by all passengers for their comfort.
- Sunglasses, sunscreen a camera and a sense of adventure!
- Guests are asked to check in at least 30 minutes prior to departure time at our office located below the Visitors Information Centre, passenger boarding begins 15 minutes prior to departure.
Salish Sea Conservation Fee
A $2 per person conservation fee will be added to your tour on checkout. The money collected is donated to local not-for-profit organizations who focus their efforts on conserving and protecting the long-term survival of the Southern Resident Killer Whale population and other marine mammals in the Salish Sea.