|Summer: July 1 - August 31||3 Hours||On demand - up to every 30 minutes|
|Winter: September 1 - June 30||3 Hours||On demand|
Get ready for the Adventure of a Lifetime! Whether you are a first time whale watcher or a seasoned veteran, we guarantee that you will have a blast! We sure do!
Our crew are excited to explore the Haro Strait and the Strait of Juan de Fuca in search of the majestic wildlife that floods the local waters here in the summer months.Take advantage of the opportunity to view several different species of whales in the wild as well as an assortment of sea birds and other species of marine wildlife from downtown Victoria.
Our fleet of open-air, purpose built, zodiac-style vessels are Victoria’s largest and safest. Equipped with bright yellow inflatable collars, this stable design cushions your ride and guarantees maximum buoyancy. With aerodynamic aluminum hulls and reliable twin two-hundred horsepower Mercury engines, our vessels are able to cover over one hundred miles in one trip. This maximizes the distance you can travel on your tour and the amount of time you are ultimately able to spend viewing whales and other marine wildlife.
To learn more about the zodiac experience, please click the information on the right
Highlights & Inclusions
- Fully guided whale watching and wildlife viewing (3-hours)
- Smaller group size - 12 people maximum
- New Mustang Survival Suits purchased within the last 2 seasons!
- Experienced, qualified and passionate skipper to answer all of your questions
- Includes a range of educational materials from ID catalogues to maps, as well as charts and books on the local area and marine life
- Complimentary tea & coffee available after your tour in the office
- Fast & exciting ride, we guarantee you will have a blast!
What to Bring
- We recommend windbreaker jackets, sweaters, long pants and closed toed shoes be worn by all passengers for their comfort
- Sunglasses, sunscreen a camera and a sense of adventure!
- This vessel is not suitable for anyone with a history of serious medical conditions including but not limited to, back or neck injuries, recent surgery, and/or current or suspected pregnancy.
- There is a minimum height restriction of 4ft/120cm. This typically applies to children under 7 years old, and minimum weight required is 50 pounds/23 kilos.
- Each passenger is required to sign a Release of Liability at check in. Participants must be 19 years of age, or require a parent or guardian to sign on their behalf.
- We ask guests to check in at least 30 minutes prior to departure time at our office located below the Visitors Information Centre, passenger boarding begins 15 minutes prior to departure.
Salish Sea Conservation Fee
A $2 per person conservation fee will be added to your tour on checkout. The money collected is donated to local not-for-profit organizations who focus their efforts on conserving and protecting the long-term survival of the Southern Resident Killer Whale population and other marine mammals in the Salish Sea.