How to Get Here

View Larger Map

Coming from Vancouver

Harbour Air
Experience British Columbia from a new point of view with Harbour Air and West Coast Air flights from Vancouver to Victoria.
Harbour Air Schedules
Directions from Harbour Air

Enjoy breathtaking scenery of the Strait of Georgia and southern Gulf Islands as Helijet zips you from Vancouver to Victoria in comfort and style.
Helijet’s Scheduled Services
Directions from Helijet.

BC Ferries Connector
Relax in the comfort of a luxury coach and then enjoy the spectacular 95 minute cruise through the Gulf Island on board BC Ferries.
BC Ferries Connector Schedule
Directions from BC Ferries Connector

BC Ferries Swartz Bay Terminal
A 95 minute ferry ride through the scenic Gulf Islands aboard BC Ferries.  Once you disembark, get on the city bus, drive directly or hop aboard the Pacific Coach Lines shuttle to the Inner Harbour.
BC Ferries Schedule
Directions from Swartz Bay Terminal

Coming from Washington State

Clipper Vacations
Ride the Victoria Clipper to beautiful Victoria.
Clipper Vacations
Directions from Clipper Victoria

Kenmore Air
Enjoy a spectacular sea plane ride over the Puget Sound and arrive in Victoria.
Kenmore Air
Directions from Kenmore Air

Coho Ferry
Ride the passenger and vehicle ferry which provides year round daily service linking Victoria, British Columbia and Port Angeles, Washington.
Coho Ferry
Directions from Coho Ferry

Washington State Ferries
It’s a beautiful journey aboard a Washington State Ferry as your car ferry sails from Anacortes through the San Juan Islands to Sidney, B.C. on Vancouver Island. Follow the driving directions below.
Washington State Ferries
Directions from Washington State Ferries

Driving Directions and Rental Options

Budget Rent A Car of Victoria

Take your time to really explore the island and the surrounding locales of the Sooke to Port Renfrew region as well as other areas of interest in and around Victoria.  Budget Rent A Car of Victoria can provide you with maps, GPS and all of the other amenities you would expect from a world class car rental company.

Budget Rentals Victoria
Get Directions from Budget.

On a smartphone? Click here for directions

Map My Route!

Crossing the US/Canadian Border

NEW: A US Passport, Passport Card, Enhanced Driver License or an Enhanced ID Card (EDL/ID) is REQUIRED to cross the US/Canadian border by land and sea. A Passport is required for air travel. A Passport Card or EDL/ID are NOT valid for air travel.

“Some Important Things To Know Before You Cross The Border!”

When traveling between Canada and the United States, it will be necessary to pass through Customs and Border Protection at the border. The professionals who work at Customs are highly trained and this process is generally very simple. They’ll ask to see your ID, ask about your citizenship and ask you to produce one of the documents above when crossing the border. Millions of people cross the border every year with ease, but some are refused due to lack of sufficient documentation. If you want to have a successful border crossing, it is important to know everything you’ll need before you get there. Remember, these steps are in place to protect you so be sure to learn about crossing the border and avoid disappointment!

“Identification is a Requirement!”

Identification is necessary for travel between the United States and Canada. Effective June 1, 2009 all travelers must travel with a Passport, Passport Card, Enhanced Driver’s License or Enhanced ID Card (EDL/ID). Children under age 16 will be able to enter with proof of citizenship, no photo ID required.

If you are not a United States or Canadian born citizen you will be required to have a passport and possibly a Visa. Airlines will require a passport for all travelers. Refer to the list of websites below for current visa requirements.

“What is an Enhanced Driver License or Enhanced ID Card?”

US citizens who are Washington State residents are eligible to purchase an Enhanced Driver License or Enhanced ID Card for $15.00 more than a regular driver license and can be obtained within a couple of weeks. This EDL/ID will meet the requirements for proof of citizenship to re-enter the US from Canada and Mexico by land or sea. Many other states have or will soon have EDL/ID available for their residents, check with your local DOL for more information.  Further information is available at the Department of Licensing website.

As of May 6, 2009, states/provinces offering an Enhanced Driver License/Enhanced ID Card:

Washington State
New York
British Columbia

“Children and Infants Require More Proof”

Parents traveling with children under age 16 and infants are required to provide proof of citizenship for each child. That may include original or copy of Birth Certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Naturalization Certificate or Citizenship Card. If both birth parents are not traveling you must have written authorization from the parent(s) or proof of custody. Failure to provide such evidence may make you inadmissible to Canada.

“If You’ve Ever Had a Felony….”

Persons with a felony may be denied entrance into Canada. If you have been convicted of a crime in the United States it may be considered a felony in Canada. A Driving While Intoxicated conviction (D.W.I.) is considered a felony in Canada. Visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website for more information.

“Organized Student Groups”

Groups of Children: Effective June 1, 2009, U.S. and Canadian citizen children under age 19 arriving by land or sea from contiguous territory and traveling with a school group, religious group, social or cultural organization, or sports team, may also present an original or copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, a Naturalization Certificate, or a Canadian Citizenship Card. Visit the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative website for more information.

The group should be prepared to present a letter on organizational letterhead with the following information:

  • The name of the group and supervising adult,
  • A list of the children on the trip, and the primary address, phone number, date of birth, place of birth, and name of at least one parent or legal guardian for each child,
  • A written and signed statement of the supervising adult certifying that he or she has obtained parental or legal guardian consent for each participating child.

“Do You Need More Information?”

For further information on crossing the US/Canadian Border and duties you may have to pay on goods you bring back to the US, please reference these sites:

U. S. Customs and Border Protection

Department of Homeland Security

U. S. Department of State

U. S. Department of State – Visa Requirements to enter the U. S.

Canada Border Services Agency

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Citizenship and Immigration Canada – Visa Requirements to enter Canada

Citizenship and Immigration Canada – Overcoming criminal inadmissibility into Canada

Washington State Department of Licensing/ Enhanced Driver License/ ID Card

Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative