Nestled on Vancouver Island’s northern bounds, Telegraph Cove is an intimate haven for whale watchers and conservationists. A former fishing village, today Telegraph Cove plays host to our quintessential whale watching adventure. Cut through Johnstone Strait’s currents and navigate the Broughton archipelago in search of orcas and humpback whales, and listen to our marine mammal experts bring the animals’ stories to life from the comfort of your cruiser.
Knock on the door to the Great Bear Rainforest and enjoy coastal waters teeming with life. Take in all the Broughton archipelago has to offer without having to travel deep into the heart of the Great Bear Rainforest. Experience the biodiversity of some of the most nutrient-rich waters in the world! Dolphins, Otters, Orcas, Humpbacks and more all call this area home. Departing from Telegraph Cove Resort aboard a 74-person semi-covered, custom-built express cruiser, this adventure will take you on a 3-hour fully-guided whale watching and marine wildlife viewing tour.
*+ Conservation Fees, Fuel Surcharge & Tax. Seasonal pricing may apply.
About the experience...#princeofwhaleswhalewatching
- Fully-guided whale watching & marine wildlife tour. Opportunity to observe different species of whales in the wild, sea birds and other marine wildlife. Guided by 2-3 Transport Canada certified marine naturalists.
- Year-round Whale Sighting Guarantee. In the unlikely case that we do not see whales, you can join us on another whale watching tour for free.
- A comfortable semi-covered express cruiser, with 3 different viewing areas on 2 distinct elevations.
- Complimentary tea, coffee & hot chocolate on board. Light snacks (chips, cookies and chocolate bars) available for purchase.
Need to cancel or reschedule – no problem! Just contact us at least 48 hours prior to your adventure’s departure to reschedule or to cancel (and receive a full refund), no questions asked.
- For independent travel bookings of 9 passengers or less: 48 hours before scheduled departure, partial or whole cancellations made within 48 hours before departure will be charged 100% of the tour price. Tour amendments cannot be completed within a 48-hour window. There will be no refunds for cancellations within the cancellation period.
- For groups of 10-19: 14 days before scheduled departure, partial or whole cancellations made within 14 days before departure will be charged 100% of the tour price based on the reserved number of passengers, or the final number in attendance, whichever is greater. Tour amendments cannot be guaranteed within a 14-day window.
- For Groups 20+: 21 days before scheduled departure; partial or whole cancellations made within 21 days before departure will be charged 100% of the tour price. Tour amendments cannot be guaranteed within the 21-day window.
Prepare For Your Adventure
It gets cold out on the water (trust us!), so we recommend windbreaker jackets, sweaters, long pants, and closed-toe shoes. It’s also a good idea to bring sunglasses, sunscreen, a tight-fitting hat, a camera to capture some memorable moments and, above all, your sense of adventure!
The boat used for this adventure is not wheelchair accessible. If you require assistance, please call us to book.
Telegraph Cove Adventure Centre
24 Boardwalk, Telegraph Cove, BC V0N 3J0, Canada
The Telegraph Cove Adventure Centre is located at the north end of Telegraph Cove Resort next to the Whale Interpretive Centre.
Please remember to check-in 30 minutes before your adventure.
Tours operate rain or shine! Safety is our priority and, in extreme weather conditions or high winds, adventures may be cancelled at the discretion of our qualified crew. We will be in touch should this be the case.
Yes! There is a high chance of seeing orcas, humpbacks, and other types of whale on your tour. Our year-round whale sighting success rate is ~95% (averaged across all of our adventures) with chances being even higher during summer months.
This adventure is covered by our year-round Whale Sighting Guarantee. In the unlikely case, we do not see whales on this adventure, you can join us on another whale watching tour. This guarantee is valid for a lifetime!
The boat we use for this tour is equipped with two airline-style washrooms.
No, our boats are custom-built for whale watching with passengers in mind. Captain and crew will also do their best to minimize the impact of the sea. However, if you are prone to seasickness, we recommend you purchase non-drowsy Gravol from a pharmacy prior to your adventure with us.
Complementary tea, coffee & hot chocolate will be available on board. Light snacks (chips, cookies, chocolate bars) can be purchased with CAD cash. You can also bring your own snacks.
Reservations are definitely recommended. Adventures often sell out and we don’t want you to be disappointed.