RETURNING SPRING 2022
Experience the majesty of the Salish Sea and its wildlife, from whales surfacing in unison to bald eagles soaring overhead. Cut through the Strait of Juan de Fuca’s currents in search of orcas and humpback whales, and listen to our marine mammal experts bring the animals’ stories to life (while you stay warm, dry and hydrated in its heated cabin, of course!) The quintessential whale watching experience for every adventurer.
Check out a 3D tour of the Catamaran HERE
Our most popular Victoria adventure is a 3+ hour fully-guided whale watching & wildlife viewing tour departing from Victoria’s inner harbour aboard Salish Sea Eclipse – a high-speed, luxury, custom-built catamaran.
Ease into the evening aboard our luxury catamaran, Salish Sea Eclipse, as we depart Victoria’s scenic inner harbour. This 3+ hour tour is a photographer’s favourite and a relaxing way to end the day as the sun sets over the Salish Sea.
*+ Conservation Fee & Tax. Seasonal rates may apply.
About the experience...#princeofwhaleswhalewatching
- The perfect viewing platform and the only one of its kind on the British Columbia coast. This 95 passenger catamaran was engineered and built in Canada with the safety of our beloved marine wildlife and our guests as priority number one.
- Year-round Whale Sighting Guarantee. In the unlikely case that we do not see whales, you can join us on another whale watching tour for free.
- Free photo package will be taken and sent by our naturalists on every trip, group photos & wildlife photos all included.
- Fully-guided whale watching & marine wildlife tour. Opportunity to observe different species of whales in the wild, sea birds and other marine wildlife. Guided by 3-4 Transport Canada certified marine naturalists.
- Complimentary tea, coffee & hot chocolate on board. Because of COVID restrictions light snacks (chips, cookies and chocolate bars) are NOT currently available for purchase.
- 360 degree panoramic views from a 22ft tall elevated viewing platform means all 95 guests will see farther while we maintain a safe viewing distance from our beloved marine mammals.
- Experience spectacular views through floor to ceiling windows. Only a few feet above the water these 10 ft tall glass windows offer unobstructed views of dramatic Salish Sea scenery.
Need to cancel or reschedule – no problem! Just contact us at least 48 hours prior to your adventure’s departure to reschedule or to cancel (and receive a full refund), no questions asked.
Groups of 10+ guests are subject to a 72-hour cancellation policy.
Special Deals & Promotional bookings are final sale, however they may be rescheduled at no charge with 48 hrs notice. Please be sure to read specific cancellation policies for promotions.
Sometimes things happen that are beyond our control (adverse weather conditions, technical or mechanical issues etc.) and sometimes we may not have enough passengers reserved to justify the emissions we’d create by sailing. In these situations, we reserve the right to delay or cancel a departure and will reschedule your trip or provide a full refund at your discretion.
COVID-19 – Should circumstances result in government directions restricting travel we will be happy to reschedule your adventure or provide a full refund.
Prepare For Your Adventure
It gets cold out on the water (trust us!), so we recommend windbreaker jackets, sweaters, long pants, and closed-toe shoes. It’s also a good idea to bring sunglasses, sunscreen, a tight-fitting hat, a camera to capture some memorable moments and, above all, your sense of adventure!
Onboard snacks are currently unavailable for purchase due to COVID restrictions but, please feel free to bring your own snacks if you wish.
The boat used for this adventure is not wheelchair accessible. If you require assistance, please call us to book.
Luggage can be stored safely in our office.
Downtown Victoria Adventure Centre
812 Wharf St, Victoria, BC V8W 1T3, Canada
The Victoria Adventure Centre is located below the Visitor Information Centre, next to Milestones restaurant across the street from Fairmont Empress hotel.
Please remember to check-in 30 minutes before your adventure.
Tours operate rain or shine! Safety is our priority and, in extreme weather conditions or high winds, adventures may be cancelled at the discretion of our qualified crew. We will be in touch should this be the case.
Yes! There is a high chance of seeing orcas, humpbacks, and other types of whale on your tour. Our year-round whale sighting success rate is ~95% (averaged across all of our adventures) with chances being even higher during summer months.
This adventure is covered by our year-round Whale Sighting Guarantee. In the unlikely case, we do not see whales on this adventure, you can join us on another whale watching tour. This guarantee is valid for a lifetime!
The boat we use for this tour is equipped with two airline-style washrooms.
No, our boats are custom-built for whale watching with passengers in mind. Captain and crew will also do their best to minimize the impact of the sea. However, if you are prone to seasickness, we recommend you purchase non-drowsy Gravol from a pharmacy prior to your adventure with us.
Reservations are definitely recommended. Adventures often sell out and we don’t want you to be disappointed.