Experience the majesty of the Salish Sea and its wildlife, from whales surfacing in unison to bald eagles soaring overhead. Cut through the Strait of Juan de Fuca’s currents in search of orcas and humpback whales, and listen to our marine mammal experts bring the animal’s stories to life (while you stay warm, dry and hydrated in its heated cabin, of course!) The quintessential whale watching experience for every adventurer.
Ease into the evening aboard our luxury catamaran, Salish Sea Eclipse, as we depart Victoria’s scenic inner harbour. This 3+ hour tour is a photographer’s favourite and a relaxing way to end the day as the sun sets over the Salish Sea.
*+ Conservation Fee & Tax. Seasonal rates may apply.
About the experience...#princeofwhaleswhalewatching
- The perfect viewing platform and the only one of its kind on British Columbia coast. This 95 passenger catamaran was engineered and built in Canada with the safety of our beloved marine wildlife and our guests as priority number one.
- Year-round Whale Sighting Guarantee. In the unlikely case that we do not see whales, you can join us on another whale watching tour for free.
- Fully-guided whale watching & marine wildlife tour. Opportunity to observe different species of whales in the wild, sea birds and other marine wildlife. Guided by 3-4 Transport Canada certified marine naturalists.
- Complementary tea, coffee & hot chocolate on board. Light snacks (chips, cookies and chocolate bars) available for purchase.
- 360 degree panoramic views from a 22 ft tall elevated viewing platform means all 95 guests will see further while we maintain a safe viewing distance from our beloved marine mammals.
- Experience spectacular views through floor to ceiling windows. Only a few feet above the water these 10 ft tall glass windows offer unobstructed views of dramatic Salish Sea scenery.
*Please see our COVID-19 Update here for information regarding future bookings*
This adventure has a hassle-free 48-hour cancellation policy. Just contact us at least 48 hours prior to your adventure departure to cancel and receive a full refund, no questions asked. Groups of 10+ guests are subject to a 72-hour cancellation policy. Promotional (discounted) bookings are final sale.
We reserve the right to delay or cancel a departure if there are fewer than 20 guests reserved at the time of departure or in case of events beyond our control (adverse weather conditions, technical or mechanical issues etc.).
Prepare For Your Adventure
It gets cold out on the water (trust us!), so we recommend windbreaker jackets, sweaters, long pants, and closed-toe shoes. It’s also a good idea to bring sunglasses, sunscreen, a tight-fitting hat, a camera to capture some memorable moments and, above all, your sense of adventure!
Onboard snacks are available for purchase with CAD cash only (no credit/debit cards accepted) but please feel free to bring your own snacks if you wish.
The boat used for this adventure is not wheelchair accessible. If you require assistance, please call us to book.
Luggage can be stored safely in our office.
Downtown Victoria Adventure Centre
812 Wharf St, Victoria, BC V8W 1T3, Canada
The Victoria Adventure Centre is located below the Visitor Information Centre, next to Milestones restaurant across the street from Fairmont Empress hotel.
Please remember to check-in 30 minutes before your adventure.
Tours operate rain or shine! Safety is our priority and, in extreme weather conditions or high winds, adventures may be cancelled at the discretion of our qualified crew. We will be in touch should this be the case.
Yes! There is a high chance of seeing orcas, humpbacks, and other types of whale on your tour. Our year-round whale sighting success rate is ~95% (averaged across all of our adventures) with chances being even higher during summer months.
This adventure is covered by our year-round Year-Round Whale Sighting Guarantee. In the unlikely case, we do not see whales on this adventure, you can join us on another whale watching tour. This guarantee is valid for a lifetime!
The boat we use for this tour is equipped with two airline-style washrooms.
No, our boats are custom-built for whale watching with passengers in mind. Captain and crew will also do their best to minimize the impact of the sea. However, if you are prone to seasickness, we recommend you purchase non-drowsy Gravol from a pharmacy prior to your adventure with us.
Complementary tea, coffee & hot chocolate will be available on board. Light snacks (chips, cookies, chocolate bars) can be purchased with CAD cash. You can also bring your own snacks.
Reservations are definitely recommended. Adventures often sell out and we don’t want you to be disappointed.